Sunday, April 3, 2011

What do you mean you don't take cards?

Todays adventure was the Davies Plantation... for anyone local you should take a couple of hours and visit. The volunteers are super friendly and have lots of information on the plantation and the articles on display. The downside is you better bring cash..... and for the people who know me this creates a problem.

I don't carry cash... ever .... I mean this with all seriousness.... no cash. And for the people who really know me imagine my surprise that a 150 year old plantation doesn't take cards or have an ATM. I searched the car but as I don't carry cash I had no spare change to pick out from the seat creases. Off to CVS to get some moola and we were back in business.

The Davies Plantation " fest" was today and for everyone's sake I will use that term lightly. It was really five local clubs looking for new members and selling books about TN. No so much of a fest if you ask me but no one did so fest it is. The grounds were lovely on this spring day... clean if in need of a little maintance but it's early in the season. Little old ladies dressed in period clothes more than willing to stalk you and tell you what you are looking at which is helpful because I have never been introduced to a sugar safe before.

All in all it was worth the drive and helped continue my qwest for a life outside of the four walls I reside in. As for the lemon pound cake I made all I can say is mmmmmmmm.... success! If anyone would like the receipe let me know it was worth the time and effort. Now I'm off to go stuff some creases with this leftover cash I have because in this strange land not everyone takes cards ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment